Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Houston Public Works


The Houston Public Works Department is resurfacing the streets in our neighborhood. They parked their big machines right in front of my house. Each day, I hear big trucks rumbling through the neighborhood. One of these days, I am going to check out South Braeswood between Stella Link and Kirby which must be the worst stretch of road in the entire city. I imagine the residents like it that way so that people who drive in front of their homes are forced to slow down to at least 20 mph or face the consequences. Unfortunately, the street by my house is a "speedway" in need of speedbumps as it leads straight to the 610 loop.


Most of the curbs are broken now, from the scraping and sweeping and gouging machines. Let's hope the city refurbishes the curbs, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment